Breakfast at Antonio's

I've heard and read a lot of good things about the food at Breakfast at Antonio's and Antonio's Restaurant. So earlier today, I drove up Tagaytay to have a breakfast at Antonio's.

Set my Nokia E72's GPS destination to "Breakfast at Antonio's" and I'm on the way. It's just about 68km from where I came from and drive was swift and safe. My voice navigation was telling me that I'm just a little less than two kilometers away from the destination, and at about 1.3km away from the "destination" I saw a sign that says "Breakfast at Antonio's" and a narrow street. I drove past it and objeying the voice navigation I found nothing. So I drove back and navigated through the narrow road manually as my Ovi Maps no longer have any record of the route.

My mind was set to order their specialty burger, which is called "Antonio's Burger."  I also got the Gruyere Cheese option to go with it. Feeling really hungry and not in a hurry to get back to Makati, I also ordered the Mushroom Omelete and fresh Pineapple juice to quench my thirst.

At this point, service was good and the food came reasonably prompt. The first to be served was the mushroom omelette and pineapple juice.

The serving size was reasonably good for its price and with the great reviews around the net, my mind and taste buds are now in high expectation mode.

The Mushroom Omelette was larger than my Nokia E72 and definitely not that thin. It was ok, but nothing spectacular. In fact, I don't remember how it tastes now.

The big disappointment for me was the burger. The patty is medium as I specified it, but the pepper taste was so over-powering that I was like eating pepper steak. The flavour of the beef was drowned by the pepper taste, and while I thought the cooking and visual presentation was perfect, it was the taste that made it somewhat ordinary.

When customers started to fill up the area, I was in, the service deteriorated. It became an ordinary experience, comparable to say, Luk Yuen where you have to constantly ask for servers to attend to your needs.

A few old friends happen to be at the place and I was invited to join their table, and even if I politely asked for my food to be moved to the new table, it was sort of ignored. If not for the fact that I came back to my table to pick them up myself, nobody would have attended to my request.

Nevertheless, the place is really nice. I took a few photos for the journal of my recent experience.


Comments

Popular Posts